BC Entrepreneur Week ’12
Join us for a week of speakers, panels, and other events with prominent entrepreneurs and venture capitalists! Below is a summary of this year’s events:
(For photos of this year’s events, please visit our Facebook Page)
September 17th – Monday – hosted by Boston College Entrepreneurship Society
Kickoff Event: Listen to Stephen Douglass talk about founding the first ever student run real estate agency at 7:00 P.M. in the Fulton Honors Library.
September 19th – Wednesday – hosted by Boston College Computer Science Society
- Sean Lindsay, the co-founder of Viximo, the largest independent platform connecting social applications with social networks, will be giving a talk at 6:00 P.M. in the Fulton Honors Library.
- Professor Gallaugher will host an information session about Tech Trek. This award-winning course combines classroom learning and a weeklong field study in Silicon Valley. The undergraduate info session will be at 5:00 P.M. and graduate session at 6:00 P.M. in Fulton 150
September 20th- Thursday “Silicon Valley Comes to the Heights” -hosted by BCVC
Come interact with three experienced entrepreneurs at a panel event at 6:30 in the Fulton Honors Library. Hear from Pat Grady of Sequoia Capital, Peter Bell of Highland Capital, and Bill Clerico of WePay. Stay after the panel to network with these great entrepreneurs and other interested students.
September 21st – Friday “Young Entrepreneurs Day” – hosted by BCVC
4 young Entrepreneurs from industries from fashion to technology will host in class speaker events in Fulton 250.
- Bill Clerico, the co-founder and CEO of WePay, a company that has a simple online payments platform for individuals, organization, and businesses, will be speaking at 9:00 A.M
- Brooke Hartmann, the Director of Product Management at a firm called Rent the Runway, which has been dubbed the “Netflix of fashion,” will be speaking at 10:00 A.M.
- Jebbit, a company run by BC students who won the BCVC competition 2 years ago, built a platform that pays visitors for answering question about websites. The Jebbit executive Team will speak at 2:00 P.M.
- Seth Priebatsch, the founder and Chief Ninja of SCVNGR/TheLevelUp is considered one of the leading young entrepreneurs in the country. He has raised over $60 million in funding for his startup that helps people use a simple mobile app to make payments and eliminates credit card fees for merchants. Seth will speak at 3:00 P.M.