Winners of BCVC ’14!
- 1. Nxt4 – Aimed at revolutionizing the college admission process, Nxt4 offers personalized checklists for financial aid, an interactive 4 year running resume for students, and an interface for students to network with high school and college admission counselors.
- Christian Nicholson – BC ’15
- Michael Bryant – BC ’15
- Nicholas Casale – BC ’15
- Peter Barfield – Harvard ’15
- Amy Jeffrey – Harvard ’15
- 2. (tie) Molly Miller - Molly Miller is a new sustainable lifestyle apparel and accessories company for women that promotes positive body image and self-empowerment.
- Danielle Dalton – BC ’16
- Willa Gustavson – Stanford ’16
- 2. (tie) YouSit – Based off of pinpointed user location, YouSit is a dynamic real-time online marketplace app that aims at bridging the gap that currently exists in user-seller marketplaces.
- Luke George – BC ’17
- Andrew Bernstein – BC ’17
Missed the Finals? Here’s an article about it released in BostInno: http://bostinno.streetwise.co/
The Boston College Venture Competition (BCVC), a program of the Carroll School of Management, is a university-wide business plan competition designed to promote and support entrepreneurship at the undergraduate level at Boston College. With mentoring from experienced alumni and faculty, students develop and implement the skills necessary for starting successful businesses. Several sessions throughout the year offer additional coaching and advice from entrepreneurs, law partners, venture capitalists, and other executives.
Business plans are submitted for judging and finalists are chosen to present their plans to a panel of judges consisting of executives and entrepreneurial experts. Cash prizes are awarded to the top three teams.
Semi-Final Competition Submission Deadline: Saturday, March 1st, 2014 @ 5 PM
Semi-Final Competition: Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Final Competition: April 1st, 2014
The Semi-Final Competition Submission Deadline is on Saturday, March 1st, 2014 @ 5pm. Requirements include a one-page executive summary and a maximum 10 page business plan (not including exhibits). Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes for the ’13-’14 Season
1st Place: $20K
2nd Place: $10K
3rd Place: $2.5K
SEED Social Innovation Award: $2.5K
Interested in partnering with someone who has industry experience? Email us at email@example.com
Business plans are submitted for judging and finalists are chosen to present their plans to a panel of judges consisting of venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and executives.
BCVC is committed to the growth of the innovative and entrepreneurial community on campus. Aside from participating in the competition, students are also invited to take part in other activities and events throughout the year including Entrepreneurship Week, the BCVC Elevator Pitch Competition, BC Startup Fair, and our continuing BCVC Venture Launch Series.
For updates on all of our events, including the main competition, sign up for our newsletter.